Thursday, November 18, 2010

About copyright or Is it really stolen?


Back in the days when I was a young blogger writing about my life, ma beliefs, politics and other social questions, my posts were being stolen by other blogger as if they were the ones who written it.

That made me really mad and it was also one of the reason that I lost my interest in blogging.

However, the more I got involved in art and crafts, I have noticed that lot of blogger are struggling with this issue. But, on a completely different level.

Artists and crafters all around the world want to be original and hate to be ripped of. They hate if they see someone else using their idea.

And although I know the feeling of being ripped of, and although I do agree that it's wrong to steel/use someones photo or article, or to claim copyright on someone else's work, I do feel that some people are going to far. They are mistaking "steeling" with "being inspired by".

For example, we all know that Mona Lisa was originally made by Leonardo da Vinci, but she is constantly used as an inspiration in thousands of other arts and crafts. The same thing is with Eiffel Tower, Coco Chanel style, traditional heritage and so on.

Artists and crafters seek for inspiration in life and other peoples art. There is nothing wrong with that. They are not doing it because they want to steel from you, but because you inspired them.

So, if you feel like someone stole your work, please take the time to contact the author and tell them your view.


Also, please take the time to read how Gwenn Seemel makes sure she doesn't get ripped of...

No comments:

Post a Comment